The New Zealand Division has five Objectives as follows: -
- To be a Division of the Royal Aeronautical Society with which is incorporated the Institution of Aeronautical Engineers, the Helicopter Association of Great Britain and the Society of Licensed Aircraft Engineers and Technologists.
- To promote and encourage the acquisition of knowledge in all matters pertaining to the profession of aeronautics and to establish fellowship among the members.
- To arrange meetings at which papers may be read and discussed.
- To arrange visits to places of aeronautical, scientific or general engineering activities which will be of interest to members.
- To initiate, facilitate or encourage the formation of libraries or other sources of information for the free use of members.